- Underdetermination, Domain Restriction, and Theory Choice. 2018. Mind & Language. https://doi.org/10.1111/mila.12207
- Saying a Bundle: Meaning, Intention, and Underdetermination. 2017. Synthese. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11229-017-1652-0
- Rich Situated Attitudes. 2017. With Kristina Liefke. New Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence, edited by S. Kurahashi, Y. Ohta, S. Arai, K. Satoh, D. Bekki. Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence Vol. 10247, Springer, pp. 45-61.
In order to facilitate anonymous review, I no longer list titles of works in progress or under review.
I am currently working on three papers:
- Building on the view defended in Underdetermination, Domain Restriction, and Theory Choice, generics are analysed as incomplete logical forms devoid of semantic content.
- Indexicals are often evaluated with respect to contexts other than those which determine their actual referents. This observation is leveraged to cast doubt on past arguments against Kaplan's semantics for indexicals, as well as the very assumption that indexicals have a conventionally-determined character and content.
- It is argued that utterance can be true or false without having truth-conditions. The account offers an explanation of the underdetermination cases suggested by Travis and Searle.
Please contact me for drafts or further information.